Congrats to our Pee Wee B Herman White team for winning all 5 of their games and winning another gold medal for PYH this tournament. And special shout out to goalie Ben Egan for getting multiple shutouts.
Please read the South Shore Conference rule below. The league is very serious about the behavior of spectators on rink property.
The member towns and coach of each team are responsible for the behavior of the spectators from their town. If the spectators get unruly or abusive during the game, it is up to the direction of the referee to stop the game and determine who is at fault. If it can be determined whom or what town is at fault, they shall forfeit the game. If it cannot be determined who is at fault or it is unsafe to continue the game, it will be stopped and the Disciplinary Committee will make a decision.
1. The South Shore Conference will establish a discipline committee to investigate and conduct a hearing if appropriate, concerning any major incident involving spectator or parent. An officer of the SSC will chair the Discipline Committee. The discipline committee will be comprised of three members of the Executive Board and two Program Directors on a rotating monthly basis.
2. A major incident shall be defined as, but not limited to, the use of obscene or vulgar language, verbal: physical abuse, taunting of players, coaches, officials and throwing of objects in the viewing area, team benches, or ice surface, etc.
3. When a major incident on the ice rink property used by the SSC involving a parent or spectator is brought to the attention of the SSC Executive Board by rink officials, ice officials(referee or timekeepers), incident reports or other programs, the affected programs will be notified by the SSC President or designee.
4. The program(s) will have 48 hours to respond with recommendation for discipline to the chairperson of the Disciplinary Committee. The program will identify everyone involved. If the program’s action is deemed acceptable, no further action shall be taken. If the chairperson of the Discipline Committee deems the program’s recommendation unacceptable and/or inadequate, the individuals involved will immediately be suspended from all SSC activities until the incident is resolved. The Discipline Committee shall convene to investigate the incident and to hold a hearing within one week. All parties involved in the major incident shall attend the discipline hearing.
5. Annually prior to the start of the hockey season, each program will be responsible for sending written or electronic notice to the membership advising them of RULE #19, a copy of the letter will be submitted to the South Shore Conference President no later that the September directors meeting.